mount -o loop bug (different one)

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Wed Feb 28 18:28:25 UTC 2001

Package: busybox
Version: 0.50pre

I recently had a situation where I wanted to mount an image file located
on CDROM, and the mount point was on the system (and read-write).

This is the symptoms I had:

# mount -o loop modules.ima /mnt/disk
mount: WARNING: loop device is read-only
mount: WARNING: loop device is read-only
mount: WARNING: loop device is read-only
mount: Mounting modules.ima on /mnt/disk failed: Permission denied
# mount -o loop -r modules.ima /mnt/disk
#

In all other past situations, mount -o loop worked just fine for me.
There was a time when the -r option was required to mount a read-only
filesystem; I don't know if that has anything to do with this or not.