[BusyBox] Wishlist for inetd features?

Tomi Ollila Tomi.Ollila at sonera.com
Wed Feb 28 12:14:50 UTC 2001

Hi

What all inetd features does people here anticipate? Do you want to have
full inetd functionality, or how small subset is enough?

The simplest version that came into my mind is just a simple daemon
which listens one (TCP*) port (given as numeric value in command line) ,
and when connection to that port is established, forks new process,
dup2()'s the accepted socket to fd:s 0 and 1 (and closes it if not 0 or 1)
and execs the command given as the rest cmd line arguments.

All the code needed to produce this would give around 2kb of i386 object
file (tested with similar program) -- I'm willing to do such a software
if there is interest.

Tomi

* UDP is a bit trickier, but possible w/ some more code.