[BusyBox] BusyBox / Netkit-Tiny / TinyLogin status...?

Tomi Ollila Tomi.Ollila at sonera.com
Tue Feb 27 15:59:49 UTC 2001

Tuesday Feb 27 08:22:09 -0700 2001 Erik Andersen <andersen at lineo.com> wrote:
> On Tue Feb 27, 2001 at 04:00:28PM +0300, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> >
> > Appling telnetd applet to busybox from netkit-tyny?
>
> Right now, telnetd is not quite ready for inclusion.  It currently
> only works as a standalone daemon, not from inetd (btw, busybox
> needs an inetd daemon some time).

What telnetd are you talking about. Someone (who I don't remember) asked me
about working telnetd for lrp -- got my name from you -- since I've made
that mtnc telnetd stuff. Well, mtnc telnetd doesn't suit well for purposes
where pty:s are needed. Anyway, I remembered axis had done some telnetd and
were able to find some source for that purpose and informed the asking
person to pick up the source. The program compiled from that source
worked well for his purpose but did not work from inetd -- so, I took the
code and quickly added inetd support.

The code contains the following first header:
/*
 * $Id: telnetd.c,v 1.16 2000/03/06 10:39:44 johana Exp $
 *
 * Simple telnet server
 * Bjorn Wesen, Axis Communications AB (bjornw at axis.com)
 *
 * Patched to made run from inetd January 4, 2001 Tomi Ollila
 *
 */

The source size is 11898 bytes, and when compiled in RH7 system w/
following command line:  gcc -s -O2 -o telnetd axis_telnetd.c
produces binary size of 6620 bytes.

If the source interest you, I can send it as a private e-mail. So I don't
spend 5400 bytes (compressed and base64'd source) extra on this e-mail ;)

>  -Erik
>
> --
> Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com
> --This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

Tomi