[BusyBox] Problem to mount nfs-fs with bb-mount

Torsten Keil torstenhkeil at gmx.de
Thu Feb 22 13:26:37 UTC 2001

Hi,

Thanks all, for your great work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Situation:
Package: busybox
Version: v0.50pre (CVS)
Arch: i386
Kernel: 2.2.19pre6
libc: libc6 libc-2.2.1

I don't had the Problem in earlier CVS-Versions of busybox, but I
don't know exactly the last version it funktion.

bb-mount:

/ # mount -t nfs 192.168.0.100:pub /mnt
NFS: cannot create RPC transport.
mount: Mounting 192.168.0.100:pub on /mnt failed: Invalid argument

/ # mount
/dev/ram0 on / type ext2 (rw)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)

mount (from my Debian (Woody)):

/ # mount -t nfs 192.168.0.100:pub /mnt
NFS: cannot create RPC transport.
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
portmap: too small RPC reply size (0 bytes)
portmap: too small RPC reply size (0 bytes)
lockd_up: make sock failed, error=-5
portmap: too small RPC reply size (0 bytes)

/ # mount
/dev/ram0 on / type ext2 (rw)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
192.168.0.100:pub on /mnt type nfs (rw,v2,addr=192.168.0.100)

/ # mount -V
mount: mount-2.10q

A second last minute problem, after last CVS-update:

While booting I get the following Error-message:
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 64k freed
auto: Can't open auto

I changed only the new Config.h. Where is the mistake or is it a bug?

Thanks for spending your time.

/Torsten

The following text is about how I use busybox, so read only if
you are interrested, because I don't want to waste your time ;)

What is BackupLinux?

BackupLinux is a small, flexible solution, to make backups of
different kinds of computer systems (i386) to different backup
media, like floppy, CDR, hard disk or network.

How to use BackupLinux?

insert the BackupLinux media (floppy, CD-ROM or whatever) boot the
computer get a multi ligual wizard (easy to use) to make your
backup, verify or restore.

Why BackupLinux?

BackupLinux attempts to provide an easy to use and OS independent
Backup system, that runs on mutiple hardware configurations.
Moreover it is possible to restore a system without running any OS,
for instance after crash.

Developing characteristics of BackupLinux:

small (1 or 2 floppy disks / small enough to create an el Torito
CD-ROM) flexible (running on various hardware configurations) user
friendly (multi lingual) easy extendable (prepared to become an
OpenSource project)

Target environment:

BackupLinux will typically run on i386 system with standard hardware.
The minimum system requirements are listed in the following list:

* i386 CPU
* min. 12MB RAM (now)
* boot device like floppy

News:

No news at the moment ... but we are on the way to release.

Features:

Backup capabilities:

* Floppy disk backup
* Network backup via FTP and NFS (later SMB)
* later Tape, ZIP, JAZZ, CDR ...

Download:

* The first release is still in process :-(

Any comments/feedback are, anytime desired!