[BusyBox] New Linux variant!! [humour]

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Feb 19 15:42:12 UTC 2001

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Mon Feb 19, 2001 at 06:03:56PM +0300, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> >
> > Users can have not current crossplatform compilator for put to
> > ftp://10.1.1.1/busybox new version.
>
> I usually work on ARM processors.  I set CROSS=arm-elf- when I
> cross compile busybox and it works fine for me.  Any platform
> supported by gcc can be supported by gcc as a coss compiler.

I know. I know also many problems for not programmer for
generation trivial programm, and for libc... :))
I have home computes - Sinclair (base on Z80). But I 8 years
not programming for this. :))

> > and can`t real detele if run applet `init'.
>
> That is why in my example I used 'mv /bin/busybox /bin/busybox.old'
> then 'cp /tmp/busybox /bin/busybox' then 'rm /bin/busybox.old'.
> This is the same mechanism used to replace a shared library.
> The busy inode is moved out of the way then deleted.  This allows
> to filesystem to keep the deleted inode active until it is no longer
> used (when we reboot in this case).  New processes use the new
> /bin/busybox.

Hmm, you distrust with my experience?
Not REAL delete.
If have space to 1 change, but for next for next (if use demons not must
kill)?

> > Also /etc/busybox.deny with format:
> >
> > applet1: userlist
> > applet2: userlist
> >
> > not work. Only work if generated wrappers for all applets and deny for
> > executable busybox binary.
>
> I do not have a /etc/busybox.deny file, so I do not know what this is.
> If you need to create new symlinks to busybox, then you can enable
> BB_FEATURE_INSTALLER and run /bin/busybox --install' and update your
> /etc/busybox.deny file.

I also not have this file. This only idea for old dispute `suid-binaries'

--w
vodz