[BusyBox] New Linux variant!! [humour]

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Feb 19 15:03:56 UTC 2001

David Douthitt wrote:

> I do.  I've also done it, though a little differently.  Let me
> rephrase his example:
>
> # --- Go get the latest version of busybox:
> cd /tmp
> snarf ftp://10.1.1.1/busybox
>
> # --- Make executable:
> chmod 755 ./busybox
>
> # --- Use temporary busybox to copy itself over the old:
> ./busybox cp ./busybox $(which busybox)
>
> # --- Zap the new one from the temporary directory:
> rm ./busybox
>
> # --- done!
>
> ....except I'm not sure that was what you meant, Vladimir.  Was it?

Users can have not current crossplatform compilator for put to
ftp://10.1.1.1/busybox new version.

Or hardcoded wroted in embeded ROM or not have RAM for place
(current size 200-300k - is not small);
and can`t real detele if run applet `init'.

Also /etc/busybox.deny with format:

applet1: userlist
applet2: userlist

not work. Only work if generated wrappers for all applets and deny for
executable busybox binary.

--w
vodz