[BusyBox] welcome ifconfig and route

Matthew Franz mfranz at cisco.com
Sun Feb 18 16:18:49 UTC 2001

Is anybody (else) working on adding interface printing functionality for
ifconfig. I starting looking over net-tools to see what should/shouldn't
be brought over.

input:

ifconfig    # print out all interface
ifconfig iface # print out that interface

output:

if   hwaddr            ipaddr    netmask         rx      tx
eth0 00:04:AC:98:D5:68 x.x.x.228 255.255.255.248 2425715 1228478

For what I need the rx tx are pretty irrelevant, but a format like this
would be snap to parse.

Does anybody have any strong feelings about this or what minimum
functionaility is required?

Also, is there anywhere in /proc that shows the IP addr? I couldn't find
anything in 2.2 or 2.4

Thanks

-mdf