[BusyBox] Preparing for the BusyBox 0.50 release....

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Feb 16 01:26:57 UTC 2001

I would like to get BusyBox 0.50 released soon, hopefully by
Friday or Saturday.

One item that is still lacking is to move over the permission dropping code
from netkit-tiny (and tinylogin) into busybox.  I've come up with a way to do
it that will not require bloating the BB_applet struct.  I hope to get written
tonight.   Other things I can think of that are still pending, are Vladimir's
cmdedit update, some Makefile improvements from Larry, getting ifconfig to
(optionally) report interface status, and then doing some regression testing
with a few libcs and compilers and such.

So, if anyone knows of patches that should go in, or bugs that should
be fixed, now would be a good time to speak up.  :-)

p.s. I tend to get a _lot_ of email -- lots more then shows up on the mailing
list.  Since I have a full time job to do in addition to working on busybox,
sometimes patches get lost.  I'm sorry about that, but it happens.  If you sent
me a patch for a cool feature, and I havn't emailed you saying I don't like it,
then it is very possible your patch has just gotten lost.  So unless you got a
rejection note, assume I lost your patch and please resend it.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work on the shell and getting
busybox structured a bit more cleanly.  Thanks all for your hard
work and patience,

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com