[BusyBox] welcome ifconfig and route

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Thu Feb 15 23:16:16 UTC 2001

Mark et al. -

> Thanks, Larry, this applied cleanly and I checked it in. I notice you sill
> have a few XXX/FIXME comments in there that I presume will be dealt with at a
> later date.

There's nothing crucial in there.
It could sit for a long time without dealing with them.

If people try this on strange systems (uClibc, maybe?)
you will trigger the ENOSUPP macro, which is defined
in net-tools-1.57/lib/net-support.h something like this:

#define ENOSUPP(A,B)    fprintf(stderr,\
                   _("%s: feature `%s' not supported.\n" \
                     "Please recompile `net-tools' with "\
                     "newer kernel source or full configuration.\n"),A,B)

but is not defined in busybox, so you will get a compile-time error.

The other FIXME in there is transcribed from the original net-tools,
and has to do with rt_irtt.  It looks broken to me, too (confusion
between jiffies and milliseconds, plus no rounding).  Since I don't
understand its implications, I kept my paws off.

        - Larry