[BusyBox] Errors Compiling BusyBox: Update

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 15 01:08:28 UTC 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Tom Cameron wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	Just wanted to let you all know...BusyBox now compiles dutmp (not
> sure what it's used for...but hey..why not), but still gets stuck at gzip.
> Here's the output:

(stuff omitted)

> 	Anyone know how to get around this?  I have a feeling that BB is the
> reason I can't boot my system (the "init=" problem), so I'd like to compile
> a newer version against uClibc.  Thanks all!

The problems you're seeing stem from the decision to "impersonate" glibc in the
uClibc header files.  This made several changes to the header files
necessary.  I have just about everything sorted out again so that busybox
will build against uClibc; just need to fix one more header file and write two
small functions.  Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon I'll have that stuff
finished and committed to cvs.

Manuel