[BusyBox] about stty

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Tue Feb 13 08:06:55 UTC 2001

Erik -

> Vladimir, I _want_ to include stty into busybox.  The reason I have
> not included your stty verion into into busybox is that when I
> downloaded your stty implementation it looked just like the stty
> implementation from GNU shellutils.

Yes, the problem is very unusual. The basic volume of this module is
its message on the help.
However, I in not know how reduce this message I can not to think up.
Like all this it is necessary. :00

> It still contains in it about 162 lines of help text that will not
> and cannot ever show up (since --help is handled in busybox.c not
> inside individual applets so stty_usage_fun(0) will never be called).

You used my module? With --help called utilites:usage() small help,
with --more called stty_usage_fun() big help. Without this help
stty utilites is not "trivial" - but ugly :(

> stty does not need to use
> getopt_long to conform with the Single Unix Spec V2
>
>     http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcu/stty.html

Ohhh, also very long help man :))))

> Your version of stty included about 100 extra lines of code to work
> around problems with of getopt_long by reparsing all the long options.

Ok. I remove long_options.

> I think this stty implementation is too big, too messy, and too full
> of bloat.

I think that's a little strong.
Example please. Problem with help message i can`t solution :(

--w
vodz