[BusyBox] Synopsis / Consensus of recent threads

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 10 16:55:00 UTC 2001

Vladimir,

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Accompanying project "uclibc" in my opinion in general disgusting.

I think that's a little strong.  First, uClibc is not directly connected to
busybox.  It is meant to provide a size-efficient implementation of libc.
Certainly it has a lot of rough edges right now, but it is moving forward.

Also, I've seen you post an example using dietlibc.  In many ways uClibc is
more mature in its functionality with comparable static executable sizes.  If
there is an app where you see a big size difference, I'd like to know so that I
can look into it.  Please note though that some of the functions which are
smaller in dietlibc are broken... the strto[dl] functions come to mind.

Manuel