[BusyBox] Re: A small step toward auto-generating documentation...

Mark Whitley markw at lineo.com
Fri Feb 9 20:04:26 UTC 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 11:46:26AM -0800, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> Mark -
>
> The only question I have is the most basic: are you sure
> it's best to generate documentation from usage.c, instead
> of the other way around?  Certainly either way is an
> improvement over the current situation.

Hmm... I hadn't really given any thought about going the other way.
Personally, I think it would be safer to generate docs from code rather than
try to generate code from docs. It would also mean no further dependencies on
compiling the code. (The less build dependencies, the better, I think.)

What do you think would be the advantage(s) of going the other way;
docs->code?

Mark Whitley
markw at lineo.com