[BusyBox] bug#1100: trying to address recursive make

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Tue Feb 6 22:48:26 UTC 2001

I just read an interesting article on Makefiles:
   http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/rmch/recu-make-cons-harm.html
(this was referenced another interesting, but less relevant,
article about goals for the Linux 2.5 Makefile, at
 ftp://ftp.*.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/kbuild/makefile-wishlist-2.5-6.bz2
)

I'm convinced, and my next pass at a Makefile that addresses
bug #1100 will use this technique.  I am still working
on this issue.  I sent a buggy set of patches around to
a few people yesterday, which still uses the recursive
mind-set.  if anyone else wants to look at it, see
   http://recycle.lbl.gov/~ldoolitt/bb-make2.patch

     - Larry