[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]bug#1099: bsearch isn't SUSv2 compliant

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Feb 1 19:08:04 UTC 2001

On Thu Feb 01, 2001 at 10:42:31AM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:

> I agree that having a common find_applet_by_name function would be
> nice, but I don't see the point in removing bsearch.  We'll just
> have to reimplement it ourselves in order to stay as fast.

Seems like using qsort would do the job too, but I'm not as concerned exactly
how the search takes place.  This looked to me like a chance to eliminate an
external function (since qsort, as used in sort.c already has a compare_ascii()
routine).  I do not have especially strong feelings either way.  I just care
that we commonize the search, remove redundance, and minimize the use of
external functions when possible.

> Anyway, is it OK to check in my bsearch fix?

Yup.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com