[BusyBox] busybox ash + uClibc + ctrl+c -> segfault

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Wed Dec 26 11:52:22 UTC 2001

busybox is latest cvs / uClibc is cvs 2001-12-24 0.9.8
linux 2.2.19

I have a  floppy with identical stuff, in 2 versions:
1) libc5
2) uClibc
stty -a shows the settings for the 2 systems are the same.

Every time I use ctrl+c when inside a prog/script on system 2) there's a
segfault and session is restarted by getty.

1st example:
== test script
#!/bin/sh
read key
echo $key
==

On system 1), pressing ctrl+c at the "read" prompt causes the script to
terminate and the shell prompt comes back.
On system 2), pressing ctrl+c causes the shell to die and busybox getty
restarts the session.
If at the prompt I execute
busybox ash
and then run the script and ctrl+c, I can see "segmentation fault" printed
before the session is restarted (so even the parent shell dies).

2nd example
more somefile
ctrl+c  -> session terminated

============ details
I'm using busybox ash as the shell, busybox init and getty.
* inittab: tty1::respawn:/bin/getty 38400 tty1
* /bin/login contains
#!/bin/-ash -si
* -ash is a link to ash

If I use a libc5 ash + its libc5 on system 2), then I can use ctrl+c with no
problem. When I ctrl+d from libc5_ash to return to busybox_uclibc_ash the
original session is restarted and I get "login:" instead of the original
prompt

What do you think?

giulioo at pobox.com