[BusyBox] CVS access

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Dec 19 04:01:50 UTC 2001

On Tue Dec 18, 2001 at 06:16:42PM -0500, Gennady Feldman wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2001 05:55 pm, Gennady Feldman wrote:
> > Hello Erik,
> >
> > I was trying to update my copy of CVS from opensource.lineo.com and was
> > unsuccessful. Where is the CVS currently located and will I still be able
> > to commit to CVS or should I use anonymous for now?
> >
> > G.F.
> >
> OK, I tried using busybox.net's CVS access and here is what I got:

Using the busybox.net address is now the officially blessed
method of doing things.  Anything else is subject to change.

    export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at busybox.net:/var/cvs

>  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at busybox.net:/var/cvs login
> (Logging in to anonymous at busybox.net)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to busybox.net:2401 failed: Connection refused

Anon CVS is now working.  Sorry for the delay.  I wish I had a 20
person staff, but alas, I get to do all this stuff myself.  :)

The password is now empty (just press the enter key).

For those needing to be able to commit stuff, commits are now
only allowed via SSH.  If you had an ssh key setup before, it
should still work.  If you were using pserver to commit, you will
need to contact me to arrange for commit access.  Sorry for the
growing pains -- this is all actually a good thing,

 -Erik