[BusyBox] cannot get ramdisk size > 4096 k blocks ??

Paul Rensel paul at ixs.nl
Sun Dec 16 01:57:13 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to get a ramdisk of 16Megs to put a busybox system on.
I'm using kernel 2.2.19 and enabled ramdisk and initrd from kernel config.

somehow i cannot get to create a ramdisk larger then 4096 k blocks.
I tried to find something about this but all i get is a ramdisk.txt document
which says that the ramdisk is dynamic since kernel 1.3 or something.

For example when i do: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ram1 bs=1k count=16000 it
stops after exactly the 4096 count and complains of no more space on device
( i have 128megs RAM so that's no problem)

Can someone help me on this ?

Thanks,

Paul