[BusyBox] Lash and uClinux

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Dec 11 00:44:40 UTC 2001

On Mon Dec 10, 2001 at 01:04:21PM -0800, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using (trying to use) lash as my shell on a uClinux target.
>
> It doesn't work and i'm suspicious of this code being part of the problem:

You should be suspicious...  None of the current shells in
busybox are really safe for mmu-less systems.  The version of
msh from busybox 0.60.1 was ok for mmu-less, but due to some
serious problems with backtick handling, it was reworked for
the 0.60.2 release (which broken mmu-less support).

So without hacking, none of the current busybox shells is suitable
for mmu-less.  I recomment reverting msh to the version in 0.60.1
if you need a mmu-less shell.  Or hacking up the currrent set of
shells,

 -Erik