[BusyBox] xfuncts.c xfree() ?

Neal H Walfield neal at cs.uml.edu
Thu Dec 6 07:31:16 UTC 2001

> On Wednesday 05 December 2001 16:59, you wrote:
> > > I agree in 'MALLOC_TRACE's free(0) shows up as an error :(
>>
>> That is not my experience.  However, when using the glibc library,
>
> I don't know exactly, but I believe running with non glibc c libraries is an
> something important for busybox (or?) (like with one of the significantly
> smaller ones)

I agree that portability is right, however, if these libraries crash
when 0 is passed to free, then they should never return 0 on a
successful allocation (e.g. malloc (0) != NULL -- but do we even use
this construct?).  Thus, I think that there is a deeper problem here
that will not be fixed by the proposed band-aid.