busybox insmod fails to load pcmcia_core module

Tramm Hudson hudson at turbolabs.com
Fri Apr 20 22:26:46 UTC 2001

Package: busybox
Version: 0.51

When I attempt to use busybox's insmod applet to load the pcmcia_core.o
module, the module is never initialized and is left hanging.  rmmod
will remove it.  I have not tried with any other modules.  No output
is produced to the kernel log, nor is an error code reported from
insmod.

My current workaround is to include insmod.static (at a 400k cost
in disk space).  I have not rebuilt a version of insmod to use
uClibc.

Kernel is 2.2.14, pcmcia-cs is 3.1.8.  busybox is built with uClibc
from CVS snapshot 19 April 2001.

Thanks,
Tramm
--