[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]busybox insmod with uClibc is broken for pcmcia modules

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Apr 24 18:16:08 UTC 2001

On Tue Apr 24, 2001 at 09:28:29AM -0500, Edmund Troche wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> I did the same steps you describe and when I run ldd against busybox, or
> tinylogin, it says "No such file or directory". Now I realize that this is the
> kind of problem you get into when the file does not exist or the path is not
> valid, but I've already checked this out. If I try to execute the file and I get

Actually, this is a result of some changes Manuel and I have been making to
uClibc.  For the past few days uClibc was in the midst of a transition in how
the compiler works and how the shared lib loader works.  So yes, for the past
few days you would indeed see just what you described (since the work on the
shared lib loader wasn't completed).  The good news is that the transition is
now complete for x86.

To get things working.  Update your copy of uClibc, recompile and then run
'make install'.  When you recompile busybox vs uClibc you should now see:

    [andersen at sage busybox]$ ldd ./busybox
            libc.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libc.so.0 (0x40008000)
	    ld-linux-uclibc.so.1 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/ld-linux-uclibc.so.1 (0x40038000)
    [andersen at sage busybox]$ ls -la ./busybox
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 andersen andersen   140736 Apr 24 13:11 ./busybox*

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com