[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]busybox insmod with uClibc is broken for pcmcia modules

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Apr 24 08:52:35 UTC 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:20:50 +0300, Michael Shmulevich wrote:

>We have seen similar problems with uClibc. Actually we have found that
>the busybox's insmod uses rather old version of modutils (not 2.3.11 or
>later), and it includes several bugs that were corrected later on with
>modutils tree.

Hmmm that might be it... Why does Eric's work though?

>Besides that, saying which symbols missing from your module can help

I will snag them next time I boot the embedded system tomorrow.

>> I haven't tried any other non-pcmcia modules.. Is anyone sucessfully
>
>Working fine under 2.2.

I need 2.4.1 for the kexec support but.. perhaps I need to look at
bootimg or 2 kernel monty...   Right now I just replaced the insmod
with a static linked glibc one.  About doubled the size of my initrd
but I may still come in under budget...  Gonna be tight though..

ugh.. Must sleep..

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith at bitworks.com               501.846.5777