[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]busybox insmod with uClibc is broken for pcmcia modules

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Apr 24 05:41:26 UTC 2001

On Tue Apr 24, 2001 at 12:27:08AM -0500, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> busybox's insmod and uClibc don't appear to play right together at
> least not for me under a 2.4.1 kernel...
>
> using busybox insmod compiled against glibc 2.1 workes fine.
>
> Normally when I load pcmcia_core.o it outputs the version number and
> some of the options it was built with but using uClibc I get no
> output.  Moveing on to i82365.o gets worse.  The module won't even
> load... it whines about a couple of missing symbols.
>
> I haven't tried any other non-pcmcia modules.. Is anyone sucessfully

I just rebuilt and reinstalled uClibc.  Then I adjusted the busybox Makefile to
use the uClibc compiler wrapper.  Then I adjusted Config.h to enable insmod and
rmmod.  I compiled thigs and tried it on my laptop Linux  2.4.3-ac12, and
everything worked just fine...  I'm not sure what to tell you,

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com