bug#1154: [BusyBox] bug#1154: Tested with latest patch, works, will close.

Mark Whitley markw at lineo.com
Tue Apr 17 18:25:47 UTC 2001

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 12:15:11PM -0600, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:28:30AM -0600, Mark Whitley wrote:
> > I just tested busybox mount with Matt Kraai's latest checkin and it
> > correctly mounts and umounts an NFS file system. Will close.
>
> All I did (with many missteps) was clean up handling to avoid the segfault.
> I didn't touch the NFS stuff.

Okay, I think I need a little clarification here: In the bug report it says:

	# mount -t nfs
	Segmentation fault

	=> not a nice way to die!

Which led me to believe that the bug we needed to fix was:

	"Make it so mount -t nfs doesn't fail with a segfault"

and not:

	"Make it so mount -t nfs works with Sun/HP servers and NFS v3"

Can I get a claraification from you, Gratien? My understanding of the NFS v3
problem is that it is a deeper, kernel related issue and not a busybox issue.
Thanks in advance.

Mark Whitley
markw at lineo.com