[BusyBox] broken id -u behavior with Debian boot-floppies

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Mon Apr 9 18:05:16 UTC 2001

On Mon Apr 09, 2001 at 10:54:31AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The current top todo list item (in case you hadn't heard) for the
> Debian boot-floppies is id -u failures.  This appears to be the
> fault of missing nss libraries and configuration.  The best
> solution, as far as I can tell, is to disable USE_SYSTEM_PWD_GRP
> for the boot floppies.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure which of the
> Debian packages is used for the boot floppies.  Could you (Erik)
> please let me know which one, so that I can make the appropriate
> change to debian/rules?

Oh yes.  Sigh.  What needs to happen is that in debian/rules
when I copy the Makefile to the build dir, I need to run
sed to ensure that 'USE_SYSTEM_PWD_GRP = true', which should
fix it.  I plan on cutting the release of 0.51 today, and this
will need to be fixed before the release.

I think we should do this for _all_ the debian packages.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com