[BusyBox] Busybox' "sh" shell on PowerPC

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Apr 9 17:11:59 UTC 2001

Edmund,

> Has anyone considered maybe using PD-KSH. I know the Transmeta (Midori)
> Linux uses this. It is supposed to be KSH look-alike. Not sure how big it
> is, but since it is being used in Midori, it might be small enough. More
> information is available at http://www.cs.mun.ca/~michael/pdksh. Just an
> idea.

I see this... Oh. 1.3Mb source text ;-000
I already put my port ash-0.2 (248k source) to busybox.
I know, this variant already usaging many people.
Busybox maintainers not interessing big sh.
(Larry also have advanced sh parser.)
I write in current new parser special for complex gain reduce size
if usage sh+cmdedit+other applets with glob and small shell parser (ftp, mc,
etc)

--w
vodz