[BusyBox] telnet server and netkit-tiny?

Tomi Ollila Tomi.Ollila at sonera.com
Tue Sep 26 05:30:28 UTC 2000

Monday Sep 25 14:23:44 -0300 2000 Bruno L. F. Cabral <bruno at openline.com.br> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> is there a simple (and small) telnet/rsh/whatever server that
> can be used with busybox? although in.telnetd and tcpserver are
> "small" I can't make the proper telnetd support fit on my disk ...
>
> what would you recommend to run it? tcpserver?

I've used one solution, where was tomsrtbt-1.7.204, ile-2.7
(www.toms.net/rb/add-ons/ile-2.7.tar.gz) (included in tomsrtbt)
and my mtnc (mini telnet(d) netcat) (www.iki.fi/too/sw/mtnc.c).
With these properly set up (/etc/inittab line in tomsrtbt as:
c9:respawn:/usr/bin/mtnc -dte /usr/bin/ile /bin/ash -i) I'm able
to telnet to the tomsrtbt booted machine. No login or password are
asked but it is suitable for special (remote install/rescue, etc)
purposes...

> TIA, !3runo

Tomi