[BusyBox] LinuxSH4 insmod.c for BusyBox

Bryan Rittmeyer bryan at ixiacom.com
Thu Sep 14 22:47:40 UTC 2000

Hello,

I have "ported" bb's insmod.c over to the Hitachi SH4 LinuxSH kernel
(see http://linuxsh.sourceforge.net/ for more info). My changes were
primarily based on a modutils-2.1.121 patch from
http://dodo.nurs.or.jp/~kkojima/

Here's the new SH4 file: http://foobar.caltech.edu/linuxsh4/insmod.c

lsmod.c and rmmod.c are completely architecture independent AFAIK. In
any case the stock BB versions work fine on my SH4 board.

The SH4 changes for insmod.c are relatively minor, but I don't see any
point in releasing a patch unless we had some better way of setting a
target in the build files (x86 people obviously do not want to use this
file). So I am basically releasing this for the sole purpose of
expressing Ixia's (my employeer) good will towards the GPL.

Perhaps it could be included as "insmod-sh4.c" or something along those
lines. Although, I think there are less than two dozen people on the
planet that have a use for this.

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer