[BusyBox] bug report - halt/reboot/poweroff error

Chip Rosenthal chip at unicom.com
Thu Sep 14 10:18:28 UTC 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 11:50:43PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> I believe that these applets should be searching for linuxrc rather than
> init.

I'm not sure that's it.  A "ps" lists the process as "init".

> Does the attached patch fix your problems?

I haven't been able to try it.  Among other things, I convinced
myself that running via /linuxrc is not a desirable configuration.
(By setting the root device to /dev/ram0 I can just let it boot and run
a conventional pid==1 init.)

I'll see if I can take a closer look tomorrow.

--
Chip Rosenthal <chip at unicom.com>                      http://www.unicom.com/
Protect your mail server against spam.                http://mail-abuse.org/