[BusyBox] include files and new ar

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Sat Sep 9 08:05:05 UTC 2000

Ive got an updated ar that i will (try to) upload in a sec.

It can handle GNU style long filenames, and im working toward a
--recursive option that can unpack ar files inside the ar file... from
there i will try tar support which by combining ar and tar i think i can
cut untar down from 14.5KB (standalone) to 3 or 4K (im not far from
achieving this i think).

Im heading toward being able to extract files one at a time from a .deb,
which is really a .tar.gz.ar.

I hope this version doesnt have any bugs in it like my last effort... im
deliberatly uploading this now before i try anything more daring.

I was playing around, with different features selected, with only BB_AR
defined it is 9.1KB, but by commenting out some of the headers in
internal.h and utilities.h that arent needed it goes down to 8.5KB.

600Bytes isnt much, but why would it increase in size if the functions
in the extra include files arent called ?

Glenn