[BusyBox] Patch to enable tar --from-file= and --exclude-from=

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Sep 1 21:41:29 UTC 2000

On Tue Aug 22, 2000 at 01:34:20PM -0400, Sébastien Côté wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The attached patch adds suport for the options --from-file= and
> --exclude-from= to tar.  This adds about 1.5 kB to the compiled program
> if BB_FEATURE_TAR_EXCLUDE is defined.

Anyone have any strong feelings about this patch?  I am currently thinking that
I will not include this patch, since the equalilent thing to --exclude-from can
be accomplished via the existing 'tar --exclude' option (though admittedly one
directory at a time), and the same thing as --files-from can be accomplished
using shell backticks.

Thoughts?

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com