[BusyBox] bug#1030: gnu date has the same behavior

Matt Kraai kraai at alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
Fri Sep 1 03:26:39 UTC 2000

Howdy,

The "/etc/localtime" comes from the glibc.  It appears that if you call
localtime(3) without a /etc/localtime file present, it fills the tmzone
field of its result with "/etc/localtime".  If you run GNU date without
a /etc/localtime file, it prints "/etc/localtime" as well.  I'd agree
that it looks pretty broken, but you should probably complain to the
glibc maintainer.  Of course, they might just tell you to create a
/etc/localtime file.

I think this bug should be closed, but as it is debatable, I'll leave it
to someone more sure of themselves.

Matt