[BusyBox] busybox in debian archive

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 18 07:48:01 UTC 2000

I sent an email to debian-devel regarding trying to get a busybox deb
packge in the main debian archive, im sure it isnt there intent, but i
just get bad vibes from the various problems involved with getting a
busybox package accepted.

The problems with the previous attempt as i am currently aware are that

1) it was unistable to a regular system
2) it didnt have a copyright statment
others?

Anyway, i think if we just setup the debian packaging files so it just
installs the busybox binary with no links it will be closer to
acceptance.

Erik, unless you think this is a bad approach, i can have a go at
changing the control and rules files and whatever else has to be done,
im still not an offical debian person, so i cant take it past that
stage.

Glenn

P.S. i see that ellusive copyright statment is there