[BusyBox] bug closures

Matt Kraai kraai at alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
Tue Oct 10 19:13:19 UTC 2000

Howdy,

I'd like to make a suggestion about the handling of bug closures.
Rather than marking bugs as closed when they are fixed in CVS, their
severity could be set to fixed.  This would make it easy for users to
figure out which bugs were still open, which were fixed in the latest
release, and which fixes the latest release doesn't contain.

Unfortunately, this would eliminate easy access to the original bug
severities.  The best solution I can think of would be to teach the bug
tracking system more about versions, but that is fodder for another
list.

Matt