[BusyBox] Five copies of syslog

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Tue Oct 10 00:34:25 UTC 2000

I read that this was normal.....

However, when attempting to use syslogd in the place of the one found
in LRP 2.9.7, start-stop-daemon always said (on boot) there was a
copy running.  Then, when I ran the startup script from the command
line, it worked, except there was ONE copy of syslogd and ONE copy of
klogd.

Now that I have replaced (mostly) start-stop-daemon with an actual
syslogd call, I have five copies of syslogd and one of klogd.  What
happened here?

I suspect (since five copies are normal) that my previous runs BOTH
failed, though one appeared to be successful.

Looks like I have to work on /etc/init.d/sysklogd .....

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator
ddouthitt at mennonite.minister.net