[BusyBox] off topic: patch to build ash with uClibc

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 17 17:43:36 UTC 2000

With the attached patch, ash (with job control) compiles and (apparently) works
when linked with uClibc.  Stripped executable size for me is 69984 bytes.
As a comparison, the dynamically linked version without job control from
Redhat 6.2 is 60592 bytes.

I've also experimented with building ash into busybox, including hacking in
cmdedit support in ash.  Including ash adds about 50k.

This patch is against the base ash-linux-0.2.tar.gz grabbed from the redhat
rpm.  It includes the patches for redhat's ash-0.2.20 rpm.