[BusyBox] Compiling busybox with uC-libc

Mark Whitley markw at lineo.com
Thu Nov 16 18:26:56 UTC 2000

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 06:46:27PM +0000, Miguel Armas wrote:

> I also had a problem compiling with xargs (BB_XARGS) it fails with:
>
> /usr/src/uC-libc/libc.a(popen.o): In function popen':
> popen.o(.text+0x30): undefined reference to vfork'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [busybox] Error 1
>
> I don't need xargs and just turned it off, but I guess you'd like to know
> it ;). Thanks again...

This is due to a recent xargs rewrite by me. I used popen instead of
fork/exec/fopen/fread cuz it was a lot simpler. Support for vfork (and maybe a
couple of other library calls) will need to be added to uC-libc before xargs
will work. I thought my modifications to xargs would be fairly small and
inocuous, but like the man once said: "There's no such thing as a simple
change."

Dah, well...

Mark Whitley
markw at lineo.com