[BusyBox] Compiling busybox with uC-libc

Miguel Armas kuko at ulpgc.es
Thu Nov 16 18:46:27 UTC 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Erik Andersen wrote:

> > Could anyone that has it working put uC-libc and busybox in an ftp so I
> > can try their configurations??
>
> Right now, I seem to have broken malloc, so you will need to use uClibc
> malloc-simple till I get it fixed (edit Config to set MALLOC = malloc-simple).
> I need to look throuh my changes to find what I broke...
>
> Also to compile busybox, you currently need to turn off BB_GETOPT and
> BB_FEATURE_NFS_MOUNT

Yes I already had that turned off

> > Also I have problems compiling with BB_SH, it always fails with:
> >
> > sh.c: In function `builtin_env':
> > sh.c:218: `environ' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > sh.c:218: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > sh.c:218: for each function it appears in.)
> > make: *** [sh.o] Error 1
>
> Hmm.  I'll take a look at this.  I refactored someheader files
> recently.  Yup -- it had moved inside a _USE_GNU block.  I just
> moved it back out so it will be included by default in the header file

I just downloaded uC-libc and busybox from the repository, and it is still
inside the _USE_GNU block. I commented out the ifdef and it
compiled... and works!! Thanks a lot ;)

I also had a problem compiling with xargs (BB_XARGS) it fails with:

/usr/src/uC-libc/libc.a(popen.o): In function popen':
popen.o(.text+0x30): undefined reference to vfork'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [busybox] Error 1

I don't need xargs and just turned it off, but I guess you'd like to know
it ;). Thanks again...

Salu2!
--
Miguel Armas del Rio <kuko at ulpgc.es>