[BusyBox] insmod question

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Jun 22 18:17:06 UTC 2000

On Wed Jun 21, 2000 at 06:11:31PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Wed Jun 21, 2000 at 03:53:06PM -0700, Marc Nijdam wrote:
> > Has anyone seen weird behavior from insmod and pcmcia_core?
> >
> > When I do an "insmod pcmcia_core <option>" it just sits there blocked on
> > something. If I ^C out of it the module appears to have loaded fine
> > since I can follow up with a socket driver, ds.o and cardmgr.
> >
> > Any ideas.. I'm a bit lost as to how to debug this most effectively;
> > setting PCMCIA_DEBUG or PC_DEBUG does not result in any output.
> >

> Hmm.  Havn't tried with pcmcia.  I'll try it on my laptop
> later today and see what happens.

Ok.  I tried it on my laptop, and I have no problem using busybox to load and
unload all the pcmcia stuff.  I did find some messed up error messages
(converting from modutils error() to perror() has left some %m's in the code).
Very benign problems.

When I loaded it, this is what I used:
    insmod /lib/modules/2.2.17pre3/pcmcia/pcmcia_core.o

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com