[BusyBox] Re: Simple telnet updates

Tomi Ollila Tomi.Ollila at sonera.com
Fri Jun 16 05:46:23 UTC 2000

Thursday Jun 15 18:26:35 -0600 2000 Erik Andersen <andersen at lineo.com> wrote:
> On Tue Jun 13, 2000 at 02:14:25PM +0300, Tomi Ollila wrote:
>
> I spent a bit of time poking at mtnc.c, esp in daemon mode.  It does work,
> though I wasn't able to persuade it to run a getty or other login type of
> app.  I didn't poke at the source at all though.

Hmm, I've tested it only with /usr/bin/ile which comes with tomsrtbt. Ile
is simple utility around a shell prog which handles  command line editing
and history. In tomsrtbt is it used aroung `ash'. If there is no ile around
it, the ash will run on console instead of the network connection provided
by mtnc...

What utilities (and where available) have you tried. Maybe I could figure
out what happens -- ttys/ptys are one empty spot in my UNIX knowledge,
maybe I learn something.

> BTW, your telnet.c is now in busybox.  I adjusted it a bit to better use some
> existing busybox routines.  Adds just 3k when compiled in. :)

Good. I'll check your modifications and see how (and which of those) I can
integrate into mtnc so that those software use similar ways to do things...

>  -Erik

Tomi