[BusyBox] preference for submitting patches ?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Jun 16 04:52:34 UTC 2000

On Fri Jun 16, 2000 at 11:45:18AM +1000, bug1 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I sent the attached patch a few days back which fixes some problems and
> i didnt get a response, so im just wondering what i should do.
>
> Either
> a) nobody has gotten around to it yet
> b) it slipped by unnoticed
> c) the patch has some problems

'a' followed rapidly by 'b'.  :-(

I've been really busy (you might notice there have been some dramatic changes
to the busybox.net website) and it looks like your patch slipped
through the cracks.  Sorry about that.

> If a) or b) happened then would it be help if i had write access and
> could commit it myself ?

Agreed.  If you follow the directions at
    http://busybox.net/cvs_write.html
I'd be happy to set you up with an account.

> Erik, initially you said if i wanted write access to ask you, the only
> problem is that im not that confident with CVS, but i think its
> something i have to come to grips with some time, if i spend some time
> and improve my CVS skills can i have commit permission?

I put together a simple overview of the most common commands used
with CVS (plus some links to some more complere documentation) at
    http://busybox.net/cvs_howto.html

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com