[BusyBox] Newline doesn't match $

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Thu Jun 15 20:36:59 UTC 2000

Hello, Mark!

> While we're on this topic, another common routine we could use is something
> that checks the number of cmd-line arguments and prints an error/exits when
> there are no args left. Something as simple as;

I would prefer to print usage information in all such cases. This is more
informative and saves typing --help. It's the output of usage() that
should be fixed if people don't understand how to use the program.

I think we cannot afford context help, like "you didn't specify the
destination", "you should specify exactly one argument after -s" and so
on. This is error prone, rarely helpful and sometimes even misleading.

If I didn't specify the destination, why do you think I specified the
target? It's more likely to be a typo than my clear desire not to specify
an argument.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin