[BusyBox] Changelog

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Thu Jun 8 18:24:19 UTC 2000

Hello!

I have fixed "cp" so that it just works (but it still doesn't pass the
testsuite).

I don't know what to write to Changelog. It is already full of statements
that "cp" has been fixed and improved. There are no dates there, so I
cannot say who broke it unless I do a research using CVS.

Shouldn't we eventually switch to the GNU-style Changelog? It documents
the date, the filename and even the names of the affected functions. Also
it is written successively, so I can read - developer A fixed "cp",
developer B "improved" it, developer A had to fix it again etc.

Another file that we need is NEWS. It should only document changes visible
to the user, e.g. "cp now supports -R and passes the testsuite"

The current approach assumes that all the changes are "positive" which is,
unfortunately, not always true.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin