[BusyBox] Simple telnet client (possibly for busybox)

Tomi Ollila Tomi.Ollila at sonera.com
Thu Jun 8 14:01:15 UTC 2000

Hi

I've done (a way ago) a simple telnet client for Amiga. Now I'm in progress
bringing that client to UNIX also (I will do a modified tomsrtbt for my
personal use).

Are you interested to look it for possible inclusion to busybox. It doesn't
quite do all the features that the current busybox version looks to do --
and therefore it is much smaller -- and easily extendable is someone wants
to add something (maybe exporting terminal type might be one such feature)...

Well, eager to see your reply. I'll attach the source code of this
telnet client -- and also a `teltester' -- a prg when put to live
between the client and server outputs all the telnet negotiation
commands that has transferred between the client and server. That
is very useful debugging tool when developing telnet clients.
Example usage:
	tty1 % ./teltester 2223 localhost 23
	tty2 % telnet localhost 2223

Tomi