[BusyBox] Re: busybox and 2.3.99-preX

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Sun Jun 4 18:02:29 UTC 2000

On Mon May 22, 2000 at 07:58:55PM -0400, Pug Fantus wrote:

> Erik,
> 	How's it going?   I haven't heard from you in a while.  Any luck with
> BusyBox and 2.3.99-pre6?  I just found out that the kernel config I sent
> you was for the v5.0 of our distro.  I can send you over the config for
> our latest v5.1 if you like (I really don't think there is much
> difference).  Thanks for your help.

First of all, let me appologize for the major delay in getting around to this.
I use reiserfs, and it was just recently that the reiserfs folks released a
patch for 2.4.x that can also drive filesystems created under 2.2.x, so that
was the major thing slowing me down (other then a lack of time).

I have run BusyBox under 2.4.0-test1 and had generally good results.
Here are the problem spots I noticed:

1) Enabling BB_FEATURE_NFSMOUNT breaks things.  Looks like nfsmount needs work.

2) the sysinfo syscall changed from returning bytes to units of PAGE_SIZE.
    I am fighting with Alan Cox on linux-kernel to get that fixed (perhaps will
    require adding a sysinfo64 for the new behavior).

3) /proc/mounts seems to return some wierd stuff.  I'm asking about that
    on l-k as well.

Other then that, everything seems to be working fine under 2.4.0-test1,

(BTW, if you want to beta test the BusyBox mailing list and CVS access before I
announce it later this week, check it out at http://busybox.net/ and
yes it is ugly, and yes I'll be cleaning that (and a few other things) up on
the website. :-)

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com