[BusyBox] Re: busybox init memory problems

bug1 bug1 at netconnect.com.au
Sun Jun 4 08:57:57 UTC 2000

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Fri Jun 02, 2000 at 10:54:16AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > >
> > > The sysinfo struct has changed going to 2.[34], whats the best way to
> > > fix this ?
> > >

> FYI, I just spent some time looking into this problem, and I just sent the
> attached email to the linux-kernel mailing list.  The problem here is not
> struct sysinfo.  The problem is that the various memory values contained in
> struct sysinfo used to return containing memory values in bytes, and now they
> return using units of PAGE_SIZE.  I just whipped up a patch to reinstate the
> traditional behavior (see attached)...

Cool, im glad it wasnt something i was doing wrong :)

> While checking out 2.4.0-test, I also noticed that /proc/mounts seems to act
> strangely:

Yea, i was getting weird shell (lash) behaviour and other strange error
messages with 2.4.0-test1. The first letter of the command was getting
lost, and then a bunch of them appearing together, im not sure what was
going on, looks like there might be a few teething problems with
2.[34].x

Ive also found a problem with ar unpacking newer debs, seems to be a \n
at the end of each files data which busybox ar cant handle, ill sort
something out. Ive also cleaned up some code and will implement the  -o
(preserve original dates) that i forgot to do. Should have a patch soon.

I was goign to try and get devfs working with busybox, but i think it
would be sanner to get the rest of 2.[34].x working before looking at
that.

Glenn