[BusyBox] Re: busybox init memory problems

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Thu Jun 1 23:52:28 UTC 2000

On Thu Jun 01, 2000 at 05:30:41AM +1000, bug1 wrote:
> When i try and use busybox (0.44pre) init during boot i get a message
> "Sorry, your computer does not have enough memory"
>
> I tried to do a bit of debugging, i put a line in displaying how much
> memory it detected just before it goes into the endless loop, it detects
> 31 (i assume KB) of memmory, i have 128MB.
>
> Im trying to use 2.4.0-test1 with it, is this a known problem ?

Hmm.  That is wierd.  I have not yet tried it with 2.4.x yet (I have tried it
with the pre series and made a few minor adjustments to accomodate the kernel
changes).  The mechanism I use to detect memory is sysinfo(2).  I wonder if
that has broken in the recent kernels?  If you comment out the memory check
completely, does the boot process complete?  What does busybox free show and
what does 'cat /proc/meminfo' show after booting?

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com