[BusyBox] Re: [BusyBox-cvs] cvs commit to busybox/docs/busybox.net by andersen

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Jul 14 20:18:48 UTC 2000

On Tue Jul 11, 2000 at 04:14:08PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Hello, Erik!
>
> > > Does it mean that 0.46 is going to be released soon? This night? >
> >
> > Yup!  Just released.
>
> Shouldn't we switch to the GNU-style ChangeLog and NEWS immediately?
> ChangeLog documents who did what and when in the chronological order.
>
> NEWS documents only user visible the changes (well, reducing the size by
> 3k _is_ a user visible change in the context of BusyBox).

I'm familier with GNU-style ChangeLogs (I used one for example on GnomeHack).
But since this can be autogenerated (rcs2log > Changelog) it rarely got updated
and was not very useful for me.  Running 'cvs log' or visiting
http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ works just as well and is always up
to date.

Could you describe in more detail why you think this change is needed?  Is the
current Changelog lacking in some way?  The current Changelog is intended to be
descriptive of the user visible changes so that poeple don't need to check all
the cvs logs and diffs.  I think the current Changelog does this quite well.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com