[BusyBox] 0.46 released

Mark Whitley markw at lineo.com
Fri Jul 14 00:23:36 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 05:09:25PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Jul 11, 2000 at 03:35:14PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> >                   but what should we do with apps implemented in the same
> > file, such as kill/killall? I tend to think that they should become
> > separate apps too by adding their "real stuff" to libbusybox. kill.c and
> > killall.c will be just stubs.
>
> Hmm.  Quite possibly.

I agree with Pavel on this one. There's a distastefully incestuous
relationship between some of the apps in busybox, namely: chmod_chown_chgrp.c,
cp_mv.c and true_false.c (although arguably true_false.c is the least of the
offenders, if indeed an offender at all). The common code in those files
should be put into utility.c. In addition to accomplishing the
modularity/standalone goals, it would also make the common routines those
programs use available to other programs (present and future).

Mark Whitley
markw at lineo.com